WILL DEDICATE LONG CHAPEL. ~ Erected by John Long for $40,000.

May 29, 1908

Erected by John Long for $40,000.

Tomorrow afternoon the Mrs. John Long Memorial Chapel in Mount Washington cemetery will be dedicated. The late John Long, a retired wholesale grocer, erected the $40,000 chapel as a tribute to the memory of his wife, Mrs. Emma Stuttle Long, who died October 1, 1906. Mr. Long died in February this year and his own funeral was the first to be held in the chapel he built.

The dedication will be at 2:30 in the afternoon. Edward L. Scarritt, president of the cemetery association, will preside. There will be addresses by the Rev. J. A. Schaad, the Rev. S. M. Neel and the Rev. William J. Dalton. Mrs. Gilure and Mrs. McDonald will sing solo selections and a quartette will furnish the balance of the programme.

Mrs. Long was known for her charities among the poor and the chapel her husband built to her memory is for the poor, the rich, the religious and those of all the world who have not professed faith. Al, who are eligible to be buried in the cemetery, are to have the free use of the chapel.