TWO EAT POISON FOR CANDY.
Little Children May Lose Lives as Result.
Under the impression that it was candy, Marian Meehan and Fred Begbee, each 3 years old, ate a number of bichloride of mercury tablets at the Bugbee home, 424 Lawton place, shortly after 11 o'clock yesterday morning. According to Alonzo Bugbee, father of the boy, the children found the tablets on a shelf in the house. He said the poison must have been left there by some former tenant.
The children were immediately rushed to the General hospital. Physicians said it would require three or four days to tell whether the poison will result fatally. The little girl is the daughter of Mrs. Blanche Meehan, 417 Lawton place.