THEIR NEW HOME IS OPENED. ~ Knights of Columbus Hold Housewarming at 3200 Main Street.

July 17, 1909

Knights of Columbus Hold House-
warming at 3200 Main Street.

More than 500 guests were present at the opening of the new home of the Knights of Columbus, 3200 Main street, last night. The big stone house which the order has recently acquired was thrown open from attic to basement. A musical programme was rendered.

The building was purchased last fall from H. C. Flower. It had been his home until that time. The house is of stone, and contains twenty-two rooms. The Knights of Columbus paid $22,500 for the place. The house has been redecorated. It is planned to build an addition to cost $25,000, for a lodge hall and a gymnasium.

The local order has over 500 active members. Joseph C. Jordan is the grand knight.

At the reception last night, which was informal, only the knights and their ladies were invited. The lodge members were assisted in entertaining by the following:

Charles O'Lauglin, Misses May and Frances Kelly, Roderick and John McQueeny, Louis Schnier, J. D. Barker, Frances Welch, Miss May Brangan and J. Donelly.