June 24, 1907

Mrs. Skauv Succumbed to Injuries
Resulting From an Explosion.

Mrs. Teresa Skauv, of 4323 Forest avenue, victim of the natural gas explosion which almost wrecked her son's home last Wednesday night, died there from the effects yesterday. Her throat and both arms were severly burned. She was 65 years old, and a widow, the mother of George J. Skauv, with whom she lived. She had been in Kansas City twenty-two years.

The accident was the result of natural gas eating through a rubber tube. In the absence of the entire family leaked gas had filled the house and Mrs. Skauv, returning, struck a match for a light. The explosion that followed burst ceilings and doors. Mrs. Skauv was alone.