August 22, 1907

Barton Thought Wife Drank Florida
Water; She Is Dead.

When Mrs. Mildred L. Barton, 15 West Fifteenth street, drank carbolic acid before her husband, William Barton, last night, he thought it was Florida water. They had quarreled and she soon after started to a drug store, as she said, to buy Florida water. At 7:30 o'clock she re-entered the room and swallowed the contents of a a two-ounce bottle.

The Walnut street police ambulance, half a block away, was called and Dr. G. R. Dagg gave the woman emergency treatment as the team galloped to the city hospital, but she died ten minutes after being placed in the operating table.